- Guests are asked not to gather in the hallways or parking lot as this often creates excessive noise which disturbs other guests.
- Keep guestroom doors closed at all times to avoid noise disturbances.
- Each room is limited to the number of guests registered in the room at the time of check in.
- Your own alcohol is only permitted in guest bedrooms and is prohibited in all other areas of the hotel including, but not limited to: hallways, lobbies, recreation centre, playground and parking lot.
- The Red Pine Inn is a smoke free facility. The smoking of tobacco, cannabis and vaping are strictly prohibited in all public spaces including restrooms, hallways, stairwells, balconies and guest rooms, as well as patios and the pool deck. Any violations will result in an additional charge of $250. Failure to comply may result in a fine for offenders and possible expulsion from the premises.
- Should housekeeping find any rooms damaged, in any way, the hotel will charge the credit card responsible for the room for all damages and/or cleanup fees.
- Only registered hotel guests may access the pool and fitness amenities. Upon availability, a guest fee will apply for non-registered guests.
- All early departures will be charged the full room rate for all nights reserved.
- Camping is not permitted on the property.
- If a complaint occurs due to the negligence of those occupying a guest room, disorderly conduct, unlawful activities, or repeated noise complaints, the offending guests may be evicted and/or receiveadditional charges to their account. If a guest is evicted, they are not entitled to any refund. If damages occur to the guest room or other areas of the hotel, the cost of the damage will be charged to the credit card registered upon check-in.
- Check-in is anytime after 4:00 pm. Each guest must check-in at the Front Desk, provide a credit card imprint for incidental charges, and complete the required registration form.
- Check-out is 11:00 am. We require each guest to check-out individually at the Front Desk.
Cancelling / Changing a Reservation
Guarantee and deposit are required at the time of reservation. Please ask about our cancellation policies when making your reservation. Red Pine Inn is not responsible for any facilities made unavailable due to weather or any circumstance beyond our control. Some pre-booking limitations on usage may apply. Please inquire about facility hours, age and restrictions, equipment rentals, etc.
Should for any reason your travel plans change, whether it be due to bad weather, a family member's sickness or one of life's unexpected surprises, we will gladly rebook your getaway. If you need to cancel your reservation, you will be refunded the reservation amount less the $25 administrative fee so long as you cancel your stay in accordance with your cancellation policy when making your reservation. Please call us and we will try to rebook your trip for different dates. Please note that your reservation will be subject to the administrative fee and the best rates available on your new date range for the same length of stay. If we are unable to re-book your stay, your reservation is non-refundable.
- Parents and guardians are personally and legally responsible for children at all times. Please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms or anywhere on inn property.
- Children 16 and under sleep free in the guestroom with existing bedding.
- For health and safety reasons, all children under the age of 18 must be signed in by a parent or guardian prior to initial entry to the pool. All children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult in order to gain access to the swimming pool. Children under 16 are not allowed in the fitness room. Please inquire at the Front Desk regarding age & ability restrictions for additional facility use.
- Roller shoes, rollerblades and skateboards are not permitted in the hotel, motel or parking area.
- No games (mini-sticks, etc.) are to be played in any area.
- Pets allowed to stay in our dedicated pet-friendly guest rooms for an extra charge of $20.00 per night.
- 2 pets maximum per room.
- Pets must be crated when left alone in rooms.
- Some breed restrictions may apply.
- Pets must be leashed in all areas, inside or outside on the property, except in your guest room. A stoop and scoop policy is in place and cleaning up after your pet is mandatory. Failure to do so will incur an additional clean up fee and possible eviction from the Inn. Restrictions apply; for more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Only dogs weighing 50 lbs and under are permitted; two dogs may be allowed in a guestroom provided the combined weight of both dogs does not exceed 75 pounds. All pets must be housebroken.
- Please note standard internet service is complimentary with room and suitable for emailing and social networking. Please note that guestroom Wi-Fi is not meant for streaming large media files, watching movies or gaming.
What information are we obtaining from you?
When you register at the front desk, you are asked to supply the following required information: Last Name, First Name, and Address (business or personal). We also ask that you supply the following additional information: Make of Vehicle and Plate Number (if you drove here), how you are paying for your stay, and, if you are paying by credit or debit card, your Drivers Licence number.
Why we are obtaining this information from you?
The Hotel Registration of Guests Act (R.S.O. 1990, Chapter H.17 , s.2 states that "A register shall be kept in every hotel in which shall be entered the name and usual place of residence of every person admitted as a guest in the hotel and occupying a room therein alone or with another person". We also ask for your make of vehicle and plate number (in case of an accident in the parking lot), payment method (we required payment in full or guarantee of payment (credit card) prior to check in), and, in the case of credit or debit payment, your Drivers Licence number.
How we obtained your personal information.
The information has been collected directly from you, either from information supplied while making the reservation, information supplied through a previous stay and retrieved from guest history, or from providing the information upon check-in.
What we do with your personal information.
The personal information collected from you is saved in a guest history database. Whenever you phone in to make a reservation, this information is available to the reservation clerk. This helps speed up the time it takes to make your reservation. Guest history also tells us other information from your previous stays (date, type of
room, package, etc.). This information enables the hotel to better meet your personal preferences from previous stays. From time to time, the Red Pine Inn will mail out information on specials to guests who have stayed at the hotel in the past. The use and disclosure of your personal information is limited to within our business. The
Red Pine Inn does not use third party services for mailing and we do not sell or share your personal information to others.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We maintain a guest history database. Within this database are the names, addresses, and other personal information. This information is maintained indefinitely. If you wish your personal information to be removed, you must contact the hotel by mail, phone, fax, or e-mail and your information will be purged within 7 days.
Please note that if you make future bookings at the hotel, your new information will be kept until your advise us as per the procedure noted above.
We will protect your personal information.
Your information is used only by hotel employee with appropriate access. The information is stored in a database that requires proper authentication to access. Printed information is not kept and any personal information that is printed is disposed of using appropriate safeguards (shredding).
Your right to access your personal information.
You can, with satisfactory verification, be provided with your personal information held in our files. There are certain legal exceptions to your right of access and should your request fall into such a category, you will be informed of the reason.
Can I withdraw my personal consent after I have signed the registration card?
You may withdraw this consent at any time by notice to the Designated Privacy Officer of the Red Pine Inn by mail at PO Box #5, 497 Victoria Street E., Alliston, Ontario L9R 1T9 or by phone at 705-435-4381 or by fax at 705-435-2265, or by e-mail at Privacy, and such notice will be effective within 7 days following receipt.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Policy & Procedure
This statement of Policy and procedure applies to every person who deals with members of the public or other third parties on behalf of the Red Pine Inn, whether the person does so as an employee, contractor, volunteer or otherwise.
Red Pine Inn is committed to excellence in serving all guests including people with disabilities.
• Assistive Devices. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by guests with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
• Communication. We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disabilities.
• Service Animals. We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on our premises that are open to the public.
• Support Persons. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Please note: if at any time an admission fee is charged at Red Pine Inn this fee shall also be applicable to a 'support person' accompanying the person(s) with disabilities. Guest will be informed of this by a notice that will be posted on our premises and here on our website.
• Notice of Temporary Disruption. In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Red Pine Inn will notify guests promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services if available. The notice will be placed at the main entrance and all service counters on our premises.
• Training for Staff. Red Pine Inn will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Managers and Supervisors, Security, Front desk staffs, Recreation staff etc. This training will be provided to staff during their first two weeks of service as part of their departmental orientation.
o An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standards.
o Red Pine Inn's policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standards.
o How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
o How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
o How to use the wheelchairs available on site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
o What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Red Pine Inn's goods and services.
o Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these polices and procedures.
• Feedback Process. The goal of the Red Pine Inn is to meet and exceed guest expectations while serving guests with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated. Feedback regarding the way Red Pine Inn provides goods and service to people with disabilities can be made by email or verbally. All feedback will be directed to the Front Office manager. Guests can expect to hear feedback within 10 business days.
• Modification to This or Other Policies. We are committed to developing guest service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore this policy will be reviewed and amended as required.